Pzk-1f motorcraft spark plug 30000 miles replacement review | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pzk-1f motorcraft spark plug 30000 miles replacement review

Bazz270

Reaction score
City, State
Haifa,Israel
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2007 XLT
Hi guys

Just posting here how triton engine spark plugs look like after 30K miles (regular quality gasoline) :

A lot of carbon appeared.

IMG-20211005-WA0001.jpeg

Opened acc. to spark plugs 3v TSB with some kind of skweaks and medium effort.antiseize not used (never used cause of electrode contamination possibility).

Never experienced any kind of missfires etc.just a little shake when engine hot in idle.
Torqued to 34Nm for the plug and 6Nm for the boot.

My suggestion:

Never try the 60K-100K ( like advertised in web) miles intervail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently replaced plugs in my 2010 at around 120k miles. They looked to be the originals based on the severe wear of the center electrodes. All of them were very clean. The plugs in the 2009-2010 V8s are a different design so maybe that is why they had no carbon buildup on them. Your plugs seem to have a lot of carbon buildup for 30k miles. Maybe there is an underlying issue at play causing the excessive carbon deposits.

You right.

They changed the head and the electrode sleeve portion.

But i am stucked now with this stupid design LOL.

I will be replacing the original plugs in my 2007 Mustang soon. I am not looking forward to doing it. It will be interesting to see the condition of the plugs after 60k miles. I don't baby that car at all when I drive it.

could be a local gasoline quality issue...never experienced any kind of high mileage issue or any kind of injection problems

actually this is how gasoline engine 20K-30K plugs usually looks like here in the Middle East :)

I service the plugs every year. Remove, clean and lube the sleeve with anti seize, all as per the TSB. Also use the Motorcraft carb cleaner which really softens the carbon/gunk on the sleeve.
IMG_20200721_105545.jpg
IMG_20210815_124800.jpg

Back