blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
So I'm planning on putting some lift in to my UK truck.
Looking at a body lift and a suspension lift with 35s.

What's the benefit of using the rough country lift over the superlift kit? Both are for ranger.

Same with the zone off-road and performance accessories lifts.

Which is best and why?

Thanks for the help

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am impressed with the offering from Rough Country! Finally some competition for Superlift
The RC lift is a good price also and includes cast knuckles just like the SL
We have had a RC 6" drop bracket IFS lift on the wifes FJ for a few years now, it is a very solid kit.
I would not hesitate to try the RC kit, I have NOT installed one yet only following it online
You can combine the kit with some components from BTF Fabrication (eliminate ball joint ), then convert to a coilover (torsion bar delete) and really get a nice lifted IFS under your gen II
‘98-‘12 ranger 4x4/95-01 Explorer 4x4 basic Longtravel

Try to keep your body lift at 2" or so, it really helps with the brake lines, wiring, and mostly the steering shaft, 3" body lift on a Gen II I hated... but having a 2" would have been more acceptable
I would rather keep the BL down and trim some sheetmetal to stuff the 35's then I would run the 3" body lift again

I've got a 3" BL on my sport and it was ok, I don't really want to hack up my truck

I'll probably go with the RC kit if I can get shipping cheap enough

Si

20181009_174540.jpg

gorgeous!
Is that a side marker turn signal?

Back