• Register Today It's free!

Quarter Panel Trim

owenbirr

Reaction score
City, State
Suring, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994, Explorer Sport
Hello to ya'll! I'm the proud owner of a 94 Explorer Sport that has had alot of TLC since I bought it in the fall 2013. Thankfully, I've found alot of good advice on explorerforum. I decided it's time to address my shabby rear quarter window trim. It's decintagrating as I write this. I need to know how this rubber trim is attached to the window and if it can be replaced with the quarter glass installed in the vehicle. Thanks.

20180902_080623.jpg

20180902_080602.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to know this also, as one side of mine is dry rotted and if I drive it in really hard rain it will leak a little

It should just be standard door seal molding. It just pull off.

If you are talking about the rear cargo area side glass, it's all one piece AFAIK...

I removed the quarter glass on one side today. I found that the trim that shows on the outside is a one peice rubber moulding that has bolts behind it that are secured through the quarter panel. There is no replacement moulding available as far as I can see, but a used window with good moulding may be had on ebay for about $60. If I could find the rubber moulding, the window could be removed with the aid of a heat gun to help soften the casing around the glass. Thanks ya'll.

I thought you were asking about the pop out windows. Yes the rear are one piece. I actually have a set I'm going to throw away because I don't need them.

I thought you were asking about the pop out windows. Yes the rear are one piece. I actually have a set I'm going to throw away because I don't need them.

Do you still have the rubber seals?

I'll take them!

Back