• Register Today It's free!

Quarter Window Replacement

Big_John

Reaction score
City, State
Marcellus, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer
The rear quarter window in my '94 got smashed (long story). I have a used window coming but I haven't figured out how the window is fastened in. I haven't really had a chance to look at it in the light too.

Is it glued in? Locked in with a gasket?

I have changed some windshields in older cars, so I'm not new at handling glass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are bolted in, there are bolts attached to the glass, under the rubber seal you see from the outside, and are sealed with butyl seal tape. I recently aided another member with the replacement, search a few posts back and you should find a post about leaking seals. All the info you need is there.

there was a post awhile back where a couple people replaced em with plexiglass. I think the post included pics of how the origionals were attached...

My window wasn't the quarter window it was the side window in the hatch area. I have a 4 door. It hasn't rained hard yet so I'm not sure if it's fixed.

Jason94sport said:
My window wasn't the quarter window it was the side window in the hatch area. I have a 4 door. It hasn't rained hard yet so I'm not sure if it's fixed.

Same difference. The rear quarter window is the fixed side window.

Back