Question about 1994 Explorer Limited Bumper Color | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about 1994 Explorer Limited Bumper Color

MuscleJunkie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Ford Explorer LTD AWD
Have a 1994 Limited (Green w/Teal accents) and trying to get some background on the Teal accents on the truck.

It appears that on the bumper that raised piece just above where the license plate bracket attaches (the part with the two what looks like scoop holes) the plastic is actually molded in the teal color. Is this true or is that piece painted?

If it is painted, does anyone have the paint code for the color? Also, the finish appears to be different and was wondering how to go about making repairs to this piece.

Thanks for any info in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a 1994 Limited (Green w/Teal accents) and trying to get some background on the Teal accents on the truck.

It appears that on the bumper that raised piece just above where the license plate bracket attaches (the part with the two what looks like scoop holes) the plastic is actually molded in the teal color. Is this true or is that piece painted?

If it is painted, does anyone have the paint code for the color? Also, the finish appears to be different and was wondering how to go about making repairs to this piece.

Thanks for any info in advance

I have the exact same truck. The plastic bumper piece is in fact molded in the teal color.

I have the exact same truck. The plastic bumper piece is in fact molded in the teal color.

This is what I suspected. I also feel that FORD probably cannot get this piece any longer. Any ideas on how to make repairs to this piece while keeping factory appearance?

Thanks again.....

The color is Dark Pearl Tourmaline, and that plastic bumper cover is no longer available. You could try Green Sales, but I gave up and bought a used one from another member here. My old cover was starting to fade a bit. Good luck,

The color is Dark Pearl Tourmaline, and that plastic bumper cover is no longer available. You could try Green Sales, but I gave up and bought a used one from another member here. My old cover was starting to fade a bit. Good luck,

I think you might be speaking of the REAR top bumper cover - just below where the back door shuts?

If so, that piece on mine is in pretty decent shape. I am speaking of the front teal piece that goes across the front just under the grill/above the fog lights

Thanks for chiming in.

This is what I suspected. I also feel that FORD probably cannot get this piece any longer. Any ideas on how to make repairs to this piece while keeping factory appearance?

Thanks again.....

Haven't a clue. I'm more concerned with keeping the truck running than with how it looks, truthfully. :) My front bumper is rusted except for the plastic part.

'94 Ex Limited bumper colour

I would take your problem to your nearest autobody shop & see if they think they can match the color after whatever repairs you want are made........also some autoparts stores that sell paint will be able to match up the original color if you can take them in the paint code which should be under the hood on a lit'l metal plate next to the firewall.......good luck :)

Thanks for the reply guys. I was hoping to know the recommended FORD repair method for this piece. But painting might be the only option it seems

The truck is in GREAT condition for a 13 year old vehicle. We were very lucky. We are about to undertake a "What Could Have Been" restoration project on this vehicle so just trying to get everything in order.

Any other advice or comments anyone could offer would be appreciated

Okay sorry, I missed the word bracket after license plate. My front bumper is near perfect, and no longer being used. That is paint, and the cover is plastic. It's a cover over the bottom of the bumper, so it has both colors painted on it.
I'd post a picture of mine, but my Elite membership just expired. I've posted those pictures elsewhere, you may be able to find them. See if you can search through my attachments, I'll renew soon.

The paint code is on the VIN tag also, the dark green is an NA paint code. My 93 Limited had been painted with urethane in 2000. Good luck,

Okay sorry, I missed the word bracket after license plate. My front bumper is near perfect, and no longer being used. That is paint, and the cover is plastic. It's a cover over the bottom of the bumper, so it has both colors painted on it.
I'd post a picture of mine, but my Elite membership just expired. I've posted those pictures elsewhere, you may be able to find them. See if you can search through my attachments, I'll renew soon.

The paint code is on the VIN tag also, the dark green is an NA paint code. My 93 Limited had been painted with urethane in 2000. Good luck,

Thanks for responding to the post. Any pictures you might have, would like to see them.

Tried to PM you but your quota is full

Are you saying you have your front bumper you are not using?

Thanks

Yes I have the whole front end that I didn't use again. I rebuilt a 99 Limited by using my 93 rear clip. I only saved the front end parts, engine trans and transfer case. If you need anything shipping would be the biggest issue, where do you live?

Yes I have the whole front end that I didn't use again. I rebuilt a 99 Limited by using my 93 rear clip. I only saved the front end parts, engine trans and transfer case. If you need anything shipping would be the biggest issue, where do you live?

Raleigh, NC 27614

Where are you located at?

Well that's not so bad, I'm in Knoxville TN. I looked for the pictures among my 19mb of attachments. It wasn't there so I cannot just give you a link to a thread here. I may have posted them on the *********..com forum. If you do need any parts then give me an email address to send pics to. I'm at 98Mountaineer@comcast.net.

Back