Question about a new project. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about a new project.

While being deployed I have had a lot of time to do research and read up on different types of projects. I've got an idea that I have seen on Pirate 4x4 but could not find anything on this forum. Putting a formula toy chassis onto a explorer frame instead of a Toyota. I saw it done on a Bronco II (on Pirate) but havent seen one on an explorer frame. Would like to know thoughts and comments on this project.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's what I will do when my body gets trashed. Simplicity is key in my mind. I don't have to have a one off buggy, I need a buggy that works. I seen a thread or two on pirate of the chasis on an early bronco, but never a bII. Got any links?

If I'm not mistaken the ftoy chasis is less than 1500$. I paid that much in tube and computer design on my last single seater buggy. It seems to be a very cost effective option.

Im sorry the one I was looking at is a fullsize early bronco. Must have miss read it when I found it. I wonder how it would fit on to the explorer frame. For the 2 seater it is 1395 and the 4 seater is 1595. Does not seem to be a bad deal. I emailed them on friday, so hopefully I will have a shipping qoute this week. And maybe it will be home by the time I am. I've read that some people have waited longer then the normal lead time for thier chassis.

P1018772-1-1.jpg

That sounds like a really cool project Booyah1. Keep us updated on what you find out.
Here's my B2 with a stretched WB of 103". So far that WB seems about right for what I do.
I like the looks of those kit buggies. That's kinda the looks I want with my DD/Trail truck.
The price seems right.
And thanks for keeping us safe.

It could be done quite easily but instead of hoping one of the Hendrix Toy chassis will fit, let them know what you are working on so they can modify the dimensions for you.

Rookie shooter that bronco looks awesome. The 4 seater has a minimum wheel base of 114, I know the 4 door explorer has a wheel base of 111 if im not mistaken. Maybe I will have to talk to them and tell them what my plans are like DB 1 is suggesting.

Back