Question about camber bushings on 94 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about camber bushings on 94 Explorer

luvmonterey

Reaction score
City, State
Monterey, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I recently replaced four ball joints on my 94 Explorer and purchased new tires. Went to Sears and purchased a lifetime alignment service as I have had this truck for over 20 years and figure I will keep it another 20. Front left camber could only be adjusted to .6 degrees and front right could be set only as far as zero. This means that my cross camber is out of range at .6 degrees, and should be between -.5 and .5 degrees. I do have Performance Products variable rate front springs with a 1" liftTruck pulls slightly left. My existing camber bushings are Ford part #43920-A and are stamped 1 (degree sign) 30', which I assume means 1.3 degrees? I need new bushings with a greater amount of adjustment range. Moog makes one that they say has 4 degrees of adjustment, from -4 to 4 degrees, which doesn't make sense, as that would be an 8-9 degree range, depending on the inclusion of zero. Anyway, I want to get this right, and avoid purchasing multiple sets of bushings. Any suggestions?

I would think a good alignment shop could tell you how far out it is and order the correct bushings. That's kinda of part of the job in my opinion. Truth is most shops hate this suspension and wont put the effort into doing it right and just get it close to get it out the door. Is the Moog one the two piece bushing? I know there is a 2-piece available which gives you huge adjustment in one part. Check ebay. I have bought them before, but I don't remember the details of them.

Back