Question about Ecoboost XLT 2012 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about Ecoboost XLT 2012

Tavin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Limite 2016
Today I was at the dealership for my first oil change on my tuxedo V6 XLT, XLT EcoBoost and review, I realized that in the settings of the left screen to activate the gearbox brings motion during towing and also to activate the control traction, I do not know how to explain at the dealership because it brings these functions will be activated traction control on the front wheels only?, someone on the forum can comment?, also the drive and it feels great thrust of the engine, clear that the V6 feels more solid, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My apologies if you do not understand the post, my English is not good, here we speak Spanish, my explorer is 4 × 4 V6, but I mean in the post to the Ecoboost 4X2, which brings no towing package, but in the screen the left brings to configure or enable the control of movement during the trailer, as well as activate traction control, my apologies if I do not understand

My apologies if you do not understand the post, my English is not good, here we speak Spanish, my explorer is 4 × 4 V6, but I mean in the post to the Ecoboost 4X2, which brings no towing package, but in the screen the left brings to configure or enable the control of movement during the trailer, as well as activate traction control, my apologies if I do not understand
I have the 2011 Limited with no tow package but in the left screen it still has an option that shows Trailer Sway Control. I think all Explorers may show that with or without the factory tow package.
To my knowledge, all Explorers (FWD and AWD) have traction control.

Peter

Peter Thanks very friendly, I thought the 4X2 did not have traction control having no traction differential sent to the rear wheels

Traction control is common and standard on most higher end vehicles, including AWD, FWD, RWD.

I have a 4X2 and it does have traction control. I also have the tow package, so I also have sway control.

I have the 2011 Limited with no tow package but in the left screen it still has an option that shows Trailer Sway Control. I think all Explorers may show that with or without the factory tow package.
To my knowledge, all Explorers (FWD and AWD) have traction control.

Peter

I never noticed that. Guess I'll have to take a look next time the wife let's me in the driver seat. :)

-- Lee

I never noticed that. Guess I'll have to take a look next time the wife let's me in the driver seat. :)

-- Lee
It's under Vehicle Settings/Driver Assist. You can set it ON or OFF. Not sure what it does in the ON position without the tow package.

It's Valentine's Day on Tuesday. If you're really nice, maybe she will let you sit in the driver's seat. If you're really, really nice, Lee, perhaps you may get to drive it.;)

Peter

Back