• Register Today It's free!

question about extend warranty?

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
so i have an extend 75k premium warranty with ford, everytime I call to schedule appointment to get my vehicle fixed, the lady tells me you have to fill out form which I am agreeing to pay them $75 if the ford dealer doesnt find the problem I describe...is this a correct practice or are they stealing from me, thats what stopping me from taking to my dads car looked for some noise come from the front right tire. I am afraid the technician will say nothing wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Didn't have to do that at either of the 2 dealers I've taken my Mountaineer to for extended warranty coverage.

should i call ford customer service and complain, or what do you recommend on doing in my case

should i call ford customer service and complain, or what do you recommend on doing in my case

I would.. I've never heard of anything like this either.

What a terrible first impression for a service department.

Is it a factory ESP?

yes it is a ford esp and ford has it on recorded as well, but i remember what they are charging me a diagnostic fee, thats if they dont find the problem I describe to them

I think I can understand that, otherwise anyone (not saying you) could just show up constantly for every little noise, hiccup, or question...

Does it say anything about it in your paperwork?

i would have to call ford and ask them about I am sure it is written in fine print...but i know some dealerships come back to you and say we cant find the problem you describe, and my dealer is famous for that

Back