• Register Today It's free!

question about ford escape

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
since the 2011 explorer is going to car platform, do you think the next generation ford escapes will be the size as the explorers, if so that will be nice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if it were going to be the same size why would they continue producing it?

The Escapes were built on the Contour platform.

This is supposedly the next Escape. The Ford Kuga.

2008_ford_Kuga_3.jpg

i love ford, but i will be disappointed if take away the truck rugged feeling from the escape as well, cause that kuga looks butt ass ugly

Wellllll ... Looks as if the Explorer is no longer rear wheel based starting in 2011...

What?! Is this true?! News to me...

Yeah, the next escape is a kuga. Consider this a good thing for ford. It should be much smoother of a ride and more refined. When my wife was looking for a new car I made her test drive the escape. It was a black limited..gorgeous. We drove it and immediatley said no way. It drove like a tin can. Ended up w/ a Rav 4 limited. If a baby wasn't on the way we'd have held out for the new one. Looks good to me.

Yeah, the next escape is a kuga. Consider this a good thing for ford. It should be much smoother of a ride and more refined. When my wife was looking for a new car I made her test drive the escape. It was a black limited..gorgeous. We drove it and immediatley said no way. It drove like a tin can. Ended up w/ a Rav 4 limited. If a baby wasn't on the way we'd have held out for the new one. Looks good to me.

My mom and I test drove an Escape and she liked it a lot. I thought it was nice inside, comfortable, and had a good ride...but I didn't get to drive it.

My mom and I test drove an Escape and she liked it a lot. I thought it was nice inside, comfortable, and had a good ride...but I didn't get to drive it.

It's not very refined. For 2010 a car/SUV shouldn't be that harsh. My 98 Explorer was more refined than the escape..IMO anyway.

seems to me that the escape would potentially be as off road "mod-able" as perhaps a suzuki or much of the other small suv platforms. i am quite surprised that especially given the increase of lifted custom 3rd + gen explorers, the escape crowd hasnt taken a noticable (if at all) interest in showing what their rides can become. wouldnt coil spacers work to at least get them up w/ room for more tire? and heres an ass burner of mine- ARB makes a front bumper for the escape, but for unknown reasons, forgot all about our explorers. How do you like that?

It's not very refined. For 2010 a car/SUV shouldn't be that harsh. My 98 Explorer was more refined than the escape..IMO anyway.

It was definitely more refined than the '96 Explorer we had. In what way do you mean refined? And what engine did you drive it with?

It was definitely more refined than the '96 Explorer we had. In what way do you mean refined? And what engine did you drive it with?

I agree, We drove one for 2 weeks straight on vacation and it drove smooth as silk. Very nice vehicle, much smoother than my 99 limited. I also didn't get the "tinny" feel from the car, but to each their own.

Back