Question about head unit wiring harnesses | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about head unit wiring harnesses

kola

Reaction score
I think I have it figured out but...

I am sure "connector head" is not the correct term, but I am referring to the ends of the factory wiring harnesses. One head has the power, ground, antanea, etc. wires and the other has the speaker wires. The single connector head has all the wires in one connector.

For the non-Jbl, non-Mach stereo systems in the Ford Explorer, there is the two connector head harness for the 1995-1997 Explorere, correct? In 1998, the switch to a single connector head was made, correct?

Also, why does it make a difference if you have a 2 or 4-door explorer when purchasing an adapter wiring harness? Apparently there are different wiring harnesses?

Lastly, does anyone if there is an adapter that would allow the installation of a factory Explorer cd player with a single connection output to a vehicle wiring harness that has the two connector heads?

Since I don't know the correct terminonly, none of this probably makes much since to anyone. But, I appreciate any assistance.

Thanx

Back