Question about iphone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about iphone

sdmcwilliams

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
How do I make the phone make a sound when not using the Bluetooth audio option? I mainly listen to Sirius and want to hear turn-by-turn directions when using Apple Maps. MFT/Sync mutes my iPhone so there are no sounds. The only way to hear it is to listen to music on my phone via Bluetooth or USB.

Is there an option that I am not seeing?

How do I make the phone make a sound when not using the Bluetooth audio option? I mainly listen to Sirius and want to hear turn-by-turn directions when using Apple Maps. MFT/Sync mutes my iPhone so there are no sounds. The only way to hear it is to listen to music on my phone via Bluetooth or USB.

Is there an option that I am not seeing?

There is no way to do what you're talking about as of now. The iPhone will send audio from the maps app through the Bluetooth Audio connection (using A2DP or AVCTP/AVDTP), the only way that MFT will interrupt audio on another input is if the phone sends audio through the Bluetooth Handsfree connection (using HFP)

Thanks. That is disappointing. I don't understand why I can hear Siri (when holding home key down) through the vehicle speakers when listening to Sirius but cannot hear her when using navigation.

Thanks. That is disappointing. I don't understand why I can hear Siri (when holding home key down) through the vehicle speakers when listening to Sirius but cannot hear her when using navigation.

Siri is designed to be used for voice control, when siri is initiated over bluetooth it uses the bluetooth handsfree profile (as if you had a handsfree earpiece on).

If you were playing a game and wearing a handsfree earpiece you wouldn't want the audio from the game to come through the earpiece. The maps is using the same audio protocol a game or other application would use. If you wanted to listen to the audio from those you would also have to select the bluetooth audio source on MFT.

Back