Question about lifting and fitting 35x12.50's underneath | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about lifting and fitting 35x12.50's underneath

robmurt04

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4WD
I got a 1994 Explorer and was interested inputting a lift on it. I was gonna get a 4inch lift and then squeeze in either 33x10.50's or some 32s.
But, a buddy of mine just got 37s for his truck and he has a set of 35x12.50's MT tires here i was thinking about using. I was wondering what kind of lift I would need to be able to fit those underneath the X. I don't want to do any trimming and i'm afraid its gonna be too rusted for a body kit. Any ideas?

Also, am i gonna have to get fender flairs to keep it legal with it being 12.5 wide?

EDIT:

tires are 35x12.50sR15LT Radial Mud Terrains

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My explorer has 5` of lift and 35x14x15 mudders on it and they cleared with minor trimming in the front inner fender for turning purposes, but other than that, the distance betweent he wheel well is a good amount, so i honestly dont think you'll have a probelm with one less inch and with a 12 wide. you'll probley just have to cut a few things in the inner fender. I drive this truck everyday no problems

yeah. go with the 5.5 inch lift on and you could also do a body lift if you dont want to trim.

i have a 5.5 and 36's and a body lift that in not necessary.

Don't be afraid of trimming! It's easy to do a virtually non-noticable trim job.

But if you go to 35's, you'll need to regear...

In PA you will need fender flares if the wheels stick out past the fenders.

Back