Question about Moog Ball joints

BradE.

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4x4
Question about Moog Ball joints (Pics)

I had lower Moog ball joints installed about 8K miles ago. Are all Moog Ball joints greaseable? If so, is it a standard Zerk fitting?

I can't crawl under the X to look right now, and the Moog website does not mention anything. :(

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by BradE.
I had lower Moog ball joints installed about 8K miles ago. Are all Moog Ball joints greaseable? If so, is it a standard Zerk fitting?

I can't crawl under the X to look right now, and the Moog website does not mention anything. :(

Thanks

I believe they are not all greasable. For my 97 X, I remember my part #s were K8695 for the non-greasable and K8695T for the greasable. Heres a link to Moog site if you need a specific part #.http://website.federal-mogul.com/cda/channel/index/0,2186,2442_7110,00.html

Of course my invoice does not have the Moog part number on it. :(

I ran out and looked, it appears to have a fitting. However, it's on top of the ball joint. Is this correct? It looks almost impossible to reach with a grease gun because other stuff is in the way. :(

I'm going to try and get a pic and I'll post it.

Thanks.

OK, here is the pic of the top portion of the ball joint. It appears to be a grease fitting. I am suprised it's on top though. Am I correct, this is a grease fitting?

If so, it looks like it's going to be hard to get a grease gun in there. :(

651explorer.jpg

Thats it! Most autoparts stores have 90 degree zerk fittings so that you can grease them. By the way, I just installed them on my 97 explorer and it feels like a new truch again.

Back