• Register Today It's free!

Question about plastic interior.

Kaleb Moga

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer sport
I Have a 2016 Ford Explorer sport. I was curious to see if anyone knows the exact color for the (black pebbled plastic) used for the interior. I called ford parts department to see if they had a spray, but the sales person told me they don't carry one. I have a few small scratches that I want to touch up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Have a 2016 Ford Explorer sport. I was curious to see if anyone knows the exact color for the (black pebbled plastic) used for the interior. I called ford parts department to see if they had a spray, but the sales person told me they don't carry one. I have a few small scratches that I want to touch up.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Before you try a paint, have you tried various scratch remover products? I'm not sure how a paint would look on it depending on where the area is.

Peter

At the OEM's if a scratch is made in the trim a Delrin "magic stick" is used to "polish" out the scratch. Delrin is a self lubricating plastic that is essentially polyoxymethylene (POM).

This is what these sticks look like. MSC I know sells them since I had to order them from them before (don't know the part number though).

medium.jpg

Thanks for the replies!! The scratches are not that bad. But I'm really **** when it comes to thing like that and I see it maybe being a problem in the future. Here are a couple of pics.
a
8zp4ph.jpg

23k8e1i.jpg

Thanks for the replies!! The scratches are not that bad. But I'm really **** when it comes to thing like that and I see it maybe being a problem in the future. Here are a couple of pics.
cshy8imq1

ss0ls2irt
Don't see any pictures. Just 2 little black squares with an 'X' in it and 'IMG' beside them

At the OEM's if a scratch is made in the trim a Delrin "magic stick" is used to "polish" out the scratch. Delrin is a self lubricating plastic that is essentially polyoxymethylene (POM).

This is what these sticks look like. MSC I know sells them since I had to order them from them before (don't know the part number though).

medium.jpg
I can't find those... I tried Msc and a Google search.

I can't really find them either. Well I did find a guy that has them but they are $40!

Another thing I've seen is taking a china marker and using those oil absorbing pads and rubbing the area. I think the reason we use the oil pads is because that is one of the most abundant materials we have in house.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Pig-Universal-Absorbent-Shop/dp/B004I665XS

You can try a black china and maybe a microfiber cloth. You don't want anything too abrasive to take away the factory gloss.

Experiment on a non-visual surface before you trying anything. Just like applying products to leather

Has anyone tried color bond products? There's a video using super glue and that. But looks risky.

What about now?
Good now. Thanks. They don't look that bad. If mine was like that I think the first thing I'd try is some ArmorAll wipes. That's only because I have some around here that I bought years ago.;)

Peter

Back