Question about stock fog wires... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about stock fog wires...

I am installing a set of PIAA 90 pro lights and I need to take a lead off of one of the stock fog light power wires. I am doing this so that the stock fog light switch can be my master fog light switch. My question is... are both wires that are down by the stock fog light bulbs positive? They are both black. I am talking about right where the plug is that plugs into the actual stock fog bulb. Which one do I tap into to get power when the stock fog switch is on? Is there an easier place to get to the stock fog light wires to do this?

only one wire is a power wire. the other wire is ground. use a tester light to find the power wire. i just installed a set of piaa 1500's using the stock factory switch.

I replaced my factory fogs with some hella's. All you do i s wire everything up as the directions describe except...you exclude the switch part they give you. Just wire the + wire that you would run to the switch and run it one of the + wires from the factory fog wiring harness.

you mean right where the bulb would plug into the stock harness? Like after the relay? or do you need to get the + wire up by the stock switch? Does it matter how many amps are going through? I know 0 about this kinda electrical stuff.

Back