Question about the types of fender flairs that came stock on explorers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about the types of fender flairs that came stock on explorers?

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I was looking at some explorers driving down the road today, and I really like the way the stock fender flairs look on them, but I dont want the running boards..I think I saw one with like flairs, then a little flair on the bottom of it, but no runnin boards..what models have the fender flairs with no running boards, cause Im running 31, and at full flex I would be kinda worried about rubbing, and rubbin isnt that cool to me..

ok how about these, where can you get them..the ones with no runnin borads..btw, im gunna borrow this pic...thanks

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i believe all the sports have flair andnot necessarily the running boards. they might have the step bar or nothing. however, all the eddie bauers and limiteds have running boards wtih their flares. our xlt doesnt have the flare unles u got the sports package which then comes with flares and step bars.

No, the running boards were not on all EB's. You could just get the tupperware ?skirt? . I am not exactly sure what it was called.

oh, btw, I have a 4 door..and where do you think you can buy these at??

If you wheel, don't bother, you will just damage them. I've had to take them off the last two times I've been wheeling. Depending on your future plans I'd pass on them. You will have to drill into the metal of all four fenders AND your rear doors.
5871kimandlisaxplo-med.jpg

Yea I see on some XLT Explorers they have fender flares, but they're not EB Explorers... I don't see many, but I see them....

(P.S. That girl on the right is cute!! :D )

mike thats the sport package with the flares on xlt

Oh ok cool... I was wondering about that. Thanks.

Here's my EB without any running boards. It was an option up til '98. But like others said, if you wheel...it's better without them.

Dead Link Removed

Back