Question about waxing...? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about waxing...?

Is it possible to wax your vehicle too much? I just washed/waxed last weekend and the next day it rained. In fact, it has rained for the last 3 days here! This weekend is supposed to be nice and I want to clean her down again. During the week, I picked up some Meguiars NXT wax based on raving reviews. I have been using Meguiars Gold Class wax previously. Will I hurt the paint/clear coat by waxing again so soon? I am anxious to try the NXT!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think that it will hurt the paint or clear coat but why do you want to wax it constantly? Besides trying out the new wax.

snoborder42 said:
I dont think that it will hurt the paint or clear coat but why do you want to wax it constantly? Besides trying out the new wax.

I wash every weekend (weather/time permitting) and wax once a month. I guess that's my question... is once a month too much? I live in a condo community (no garage) and I'm surrounded by a canopy of oak trees. I constantly have oak pollen,leaves,sap,juices, etc. landing on the car and I want to have a coat of wax on there to help protect the paint.

This weekend I just want to try the new wax, so I normally wouldn't wax every weekend.

Hope that answers your question.

I NXT once per month, works for me

spindlecone said:
I NXT once per month, works for me

How do you like the NXT? I hear it will make my black beauty look outstanding!

sharpshooter73 said:
How do you like the NXT? I hear it will make my black beauty look outstanding!
I love the stuff, easy on easy off, can do my whole trac in less than an hour.
Leaves a great shine.

just use dish soap to wash it with before you wax. so that you remove all the old wax.

96limitedX said:
just use dish soap to wash it with before you wax. so that you remove all the old wax.

That sounds kinda two steps forward three back to me.

No, you can not wax too much, but there is a point in which there is no bennefit.

thats how i allways get the best shine. getting the old wax off and starting with a clean slate.

Back