question for the ladies. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

question for the ladies.

turboranger91

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer 4x4
first off, let me state that this site seems to have it all. i'm new here, but i've been lurking for about a month or so. i just got an explorer, and after snooping around here a bit, i'm very interested in it's off road capabilities. i'm wanting to start off fairly simple... a bit of a lift and some bigger tires. the only problem i foresee with this plan is... my wife.

see, when i bought my explorer, that made 3 vehicles that i own currently... plus her car. i've got a ranger that is a bottomless pit that i tend to throw too much money at far too often. i've got a turbocoupe thunderbird that does absolutely nothing save for holding the driveway down (she sure is purdy, though!). now i've added to my crappy old ford collection. she told me when i bought it that she wanted it to stay stock and be used as a family truck.

that just won't do for me.

i mentioned to her the other night that i was thinking about doing a few *small* things to the explorer. she immediately turned up her nose when she heard the words "lift kit".

my question to you ladies is:
how can i show her that this is a fun way to spend money?

i realize that the ranger is mine and only mine. it only benefits me. however, i think that a truck that can easily take the kids to school and go wheelin while they're there, would be a great way for us to break away from the monotony of everyday life and spend some quality time together having fun.

any advise for the less experienced?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Lt.Jim

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
South Central Pennsylvania/NorthernMaryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Wait until she gets the stock explorer stuck in the snow for the first time and say see I told you so!

j/k don't do that she'll kick you in the jewels!

<

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
This is too funny. Posted in the ladies forum and all the replies are from men:D

<

turboranger91

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Take her on a trip like this

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223321&highlight=ouray

My wife went from " I don't want to spend a week with your butthole buddy's" to " I'm going to miss you guys" and looking at big tires.

She's a member on the site also--maybe you'd like to get yours involved?
i can't even begin to describe how PERFECT of a response that was! i just spent the last hour looking at pictures from that trip. i will absolutely be showing this to my wife. thank you so much, and i truly hope that we can make that trip with you guys some time. is it an annual trip? do you go to the same place each year?

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
Where about in KC are you?

There are a couple of trails in KS that you might try first to make sure your wife is going to like off roading. They won't have the scenery but it might not be a bad idea for her to get a feel for it.

<

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
No disrespect to the ladies, but da##, just do what ya wanna do... or you could sit at home and watch a dvd with her... feelings and fun don't mix, unless she likes trucks too.

Dan, I'm guessing he's less than 2 miles from you...

<

turboranger91

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Where about in KC are you?

There are a couple of trails in KS that you might try first to make sure your wife is going to like off roading. They won't have the scenery but it might not be a bad idea for her to get a feel for it.

i'm just north of grandview.

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
You're not to far from me then. I live in the southern part Raytown.

<

turboranger91

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer 4x4
You're not to far from me then. I live in the southern part Raytown.

i work in raytown. right on 63rd street and raytown rd. you should stop by sometime!

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
Thing is I work in KS.

<

Stang Girl

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
i can't even begin to describe how PERFECT of a response that was! i just spent the last hour looking at pictures from that trip. i will absolutely be showing this to my wife. thank you so much, and i truly hope that we can make that trip with you guys some time. is it an annual trip? do you go to the same place each year?

Ok, gotta throw off Dan's post about only the men replying. I am with Jon on this one. I have always been into cars and camping which helped bring me and SVO together, however, after riding around in his lifted Navajo and going wheeling for the first time, I am HOOKED! Now I get to go fast in my car and sloooow in the Navajo. Best of both worlds.:D

<

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Im pretty suprised that this thread is still going. LOL

Getting ready to do a wheeling date soon. Got one interested in going.

<

XChick

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Play "let's make a deal"!

Hey, TurboRangerguy, here's a suggestion: if you want to do a few things (cough, cough) to the Ex, how's about offering to trade the T-Bird in for something your wife would LOVE (within financial limits, of course)? The Bird may be gorgeous, but it sounds like she'd make a good bargaining chip, too, and marital harmony is much prettier than any vehicle! (well, there may be a little disagreement on that, but still! You get the idea!). Anyway, between that thought and offering to take her 4-wheeling (which, like many other femme fatales on this site, I personally would LOVE, so she might also...), I think you'd have carte blanche on the Ex if you do these two things! Hope this helps...

<