Question on 15x10's NON offroad (Sporttruck) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on 15x10's NON offroad (Sporttruck)

Hi all

I had to change my User ID as I lost my account over at hotmail. Some of you may remember me from my mountaineer restoration thread. Hi all! :thumbsup:

Question.

I'm looking to run a set of 15x10's. My current wheels are gen 1 explorer wheels 15x7's 4.5 backspacing 12mm offset all round. My truck is lowered, about 4 inches in the rear, maybe 4 and 1/2 in the front. I know a lot of guys are running 15x10's with offroad setups (lifted, offroad tires, etc.) But what about the street guys? The Backspacing on offroad explorers/mountaineers is way too aggressive for a lowered expo/mounty. I've searched this forum and google for about the past week or so with no info.

I took some measurements and it seems if I relocate the emergency brake line, I may be able to squeeze a 15x10 with 6.5'BS. I really wanted the 5.5BS but that pushes the wheel out almost 2 inches towards the fender from where it already is now. I'm trying for hellaflush, not hellagringo (no pun intended) I already ordered one wheel for fitment purposes which should be here tomorrow but anxiety is killing me at this point. The rear tires are 275x60x15's which I plan to use on the 10's. Any thoughts?

Finished up mounting the tires and sizing on the truck. All said and done, I'm fairly happy with the outcome. Here's a couple pictures I took with my phone as soon as they were all mounted.

5571764997_fd0dd5e8d3_b.jpg

5572354446_329d178995_b.jpg

5572354374_862f45ea74_b.jpg
Nice truck man she’s beautiful. But what all you do to get it to sit that low how low are you exactly and did you have to c notch it or not?

Nice truck man she’s beautiful. But what all you do to get it to sit that low how low are you exactly and did you have to c notch it or not?
You likely won’t get a response, he hasn’t been online here in about 6 years.

Back