• Register Today It's free!

Question on brakes and rotors

ducrnd

Reaction score
City, State
N,Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 xlt
01 xlt stock .. I just bought a new set of rotors slotted and drilled. With mail in rebate, same price as standard rotors, ANYWAY,, If I switch to slotted rotors , do I have to use CERAMIC brake pads ????

Just seen alot of items of slotted With Ceramis pads.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it is not a neccesity to have ceramic...they do last longer though. Big negative I find to ceramic pads...they always friggin' squeak

No, they've been making drilled and slotted rotors for a lot longer than ceramic pads have been available.

Ceramic pads will last longer and dust much less which will be benificial with those agressive rotors. Wagner Quiet Stop pads are superior (IMHO) been running them for years on all my vehicles with absolutely no issues.

I've been using AutoZone's C-MAX ceramic pads on my trucks for years now. I always put Permatex Brake Quiet on the shims and have never (NEVER) had brake squeal. I like the ceramic pads because they last longer, stop great and don't dust up my front wheels. I really couldn't be happier with them. Besides, at AutoZone they will replace them for free for life. you can even upgrade on your next set and apply the full price you paid for the last set.

Back