question on EGR control valve | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

question on EGR control valve

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt 5.0
Hello, get po402 codes continuous, even after reset , second engine start throws the code, replaced : EGR, monitor on top of the egr valve and gasket (F6pz-9h473-AA)
the sensor on top of it with o ring ( fastens with 3 bolts, cant find the part #, tossed the box) the vac line from egr to to control valve F63z-pJ459-AA
has 2 vacc ports and electric connector 2 wire
96 explorer 5/0 AWD, does not have the small square electric monitor with the 2 hoses to the egr valve, again cant think of the part but bought it at ford, they confirmed mine doesnt have it and returned it
question? after all this wondering if? the f63z-- sensor might be defective? any idea if one can trouble shoot it, should you be able to blow air thru the valve port and have it come out the other side if it is not hooked up?
hate to buy another if this might be good but, hope to pass the smog test end year. Replaced both front cat pipes, (4) o2 sensors when i did the muffler and pipe last year but code been there since. Runs great, mileage is so so like when i bought it 11 city but? depite the chek lite on all the time,runs ok, idles great, got 140k on it so? any ideas to prolong it. Thank you Jim

Back