question on the 4.0L head gaskets?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

question on the 4.0L head gaskets??

stackz

Reaction score
City, State
james island, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0 mountie
I cant remember if it was here or if it was for one of my other cars but I think it was here....

I read about the engines having a horrible head gasket design and that they redesigned it and you should get the redesigned gaskets?? If so anyone know the part number and which company makes them??

my #3 cylinder went out on my 91 exploder and I popped the head this morning. I cant really tell where it blew out though I did notice that the head is cracked between the intake/exhaust valves in the cylinder.

oh and yes, the cylinder was FULL of water, the piston top was steamcleaning nice and shiny and the intake track of the head had rusted water all in it as well as the plug being nice and watered down.

anyway, which head gaskets would be best to get? I'm going to go ahead and pop the other head and check it out while I've got the engine torn down. best part is I'm doing all of this in a damn apartment complex parking lot :confused:

you've got to be kidding me?? nobody has comments/suggestions on this??

unreal.

seems like nobody here is/has been a mechanic outside of changing tires...I've yet to find any inner engine advise on these engines....sigh.

Back