Question on tire and wheel packages at 4wheelparts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on tire and wheel packages at 4wheelparts

Hey guys,

I am thinking of possibly going with a tire and wheel package deal like from 4wheelparts where you get the tires mounted and balanced.

Anyway my question is I'm looking at the ProComp MTs 31x11.50s on American Eagle 589's 15x8's but the only backspacing they list is 3.25 on that rim and most of the rims in the 15x8 size, do they offer other backspacing and they just dont list it on their site? Im thinking the 3.25 would make the tires stick out too far, I figured on 3.5 or 3.75 for the spacing.

Otherwise anyone have any reccomendations of a cheaper 15x8 wheel in a similar style to the 589's? Not looking for the black rock crawlers though, something around $50 - $80 a rim?

Thanks for the help
-Matt

I have American Racing Bajas (which are very similar to the 589s) and I think they rock. Check out the backspacing info on their site. I forgot what mine is exactly. www.americanracing.com

4WP doesn't list all the backspacing options on their website. If you don't see it listed, call them to see if it's available.

they are runnin a buy 3 get one free deal right now on pro comp tires and some wheels. That might not be online but they have then in the store here in Atl.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replys, I saw in their magazine ad the buy 3 get one free special thats what peeked my interest.

They have the tires and some of the rims listed on their website. Im not sure yet if I'm going to get aftermarket rims or not, but the package deal with the 31x10.50 ProComp MT's and the wheels that look like the 589's for $733 looks like a good price, Ill probably call and find out if I can get the backspacing I need later today.

What do you guys think, 3.75 or 3.5 for backspacing?

-Matt

Back