Question On Wheel Alignment | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Question On Wheel Alignment

UtahX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Grand Junction, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I went in to get a wheel alignment. He told me that my explorer cannot be aligned, that it is fixed, but he can put in a kit so that it can be aligned better than what the factory preset. Is this true or BS? If I decide to not get the kit and do the Warrior Shackles and TT for a 1.25 lift, will I be ok. Also could not find the AAL for a 2000 Ex, do these exist?

parad1mg

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Mirada, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mounty 5.0 AWD
If the mechanic was talking about an alignment kit like this one: http://www.napaonline.com/masterpag...iption=Camber+/+Caster+Kit+-+Front+Suspension
then he's right... i installed these on both sides when i did the front control arms and balljoints.. napa was just 2 mins away from me and they wer the only place that had them in stock..

i think you'll be ok when you get the lift done.. i'm planning the same thing with mine.. just be aware of some mechanics that might use or TT as a reason why they couldnt align your ex..

AAL kits for a 2000 ex are available at fatbobsgarage.com, 4wheelparts.com and a lot more sites with varying brands and manufacturers.