• Register Today It's free!

Question

hlingy69

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
How would 2 10" Premier Pioneer subwoofers hooked up to a 1000 watt California Profile amp sound in my '06 Ford Explorer? Should I go with this deal, or should I wait until 2 12"s come along? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wait on the 12's

I'd agree...wait for the 12s!! I'm gettin impatient to get mine in too!

what kind of 12's are you looking for? any brand specifically?

If you're talking to me.....I have the subs already, a couple of cheap Jensens I bought off a friend of mine. Just need to get the box and a bigger amp....

Dont get too jumpy with California Profile either.
Wait for a high quality AMP.
It may say 1000 watts, but you will be lucky to see the 500 RMS the manual broadcasts. You will find that many manufacturer's have an idea that placing the "Peak Watts" in the name or on the box, they will sell them a lot more. And, they are right. I made that mistake a long time buying up everything that was 1500 watts peak! When it was only around 450 RMS?

Always try to base your information off of the RMS ratings as these are what you will most likely see as a constant power being supplied from the amplifier. This information goes for the speaker as well.

If you're talking to me.....I have the subs already, a couple of cheap Jensens I bought off a friend of mine. Just need to get the box and a bigger amp....
haha you woulda been better off w/ the pioneers :/ jensen is very low quality... if u want a good woofer that'll perform look into an audioque sdc2.5 12" or 15" 600+ rms in probably 3-4ft^3 @ 38 hz or35 enclosure. I hear they like 38 :) deff be louder than 2 jensens or 2 10" pioneers. IMO!

haha you woulda been better off w/ the pioneers :/ jensen is very low quality... if u want a good woofer that'll perform look into an audioque sdc2.5 12" or 15" 600+ rms in probably 3-4ft^3 @ 38 hz or35 enclosure. I hear they like 38 :) deff be louder than 2 jensens or 2 10" pioneers. IMO!

Agonz.... If you would have been reading properly, you would have noticed that the person who made the inquiry about the Pioneers wasn't the person who said they have the Jensen speakers.

Also, some people don't have $$$ to invest in higher end products. And, they certainly don't have the room to invest 3-4 cu' of their rear area to build an enclosure in.

As far as the Jensen or Pioneer speakers go. As long as you are not trying to compete or having anything that will give you "street cred", you will be fine with a simple 300 watt setup (150 per woofer) for 2 twelves.

Honestly, a friend of mine had two old Kicker Comps with 300 watts in a 2 cu' per woofer and it was pretty incredible. I mean the guy owned a SoundAdvice store, so he knew what he was doing, but for only 300 watts it was a good setup. More than enough when riding around town.

Agonz.... If you would have been reading properly, you would have noticed that the person who made the inquiry about the Pioneers wasn't the person who said they have the Jensen speakers.

Also, some people don't have $$$ to invest in higher end products. And, they certainly don't have the room to invest 3-4 cu' of their rear area to build an enclosure in.

As far as the Jensen or Pioneer speakers go. As long as you are not trying to compete or having anything that will give you "street cred", you will be fine with a simple 300 watt setup (150 per woofer) for 2 twelves.

Honestly, a friend of mine had two old Kicker Comps with 300 watts in a 2 cu' per woofer and it was pretty incredible. I mean the guy owned a SoundAdvice store, so he knew what he was doing, but for only 300 watts it was a good setup. More than enough when riding around town.

Umm ok the price for 2 kicker comps or a pair of pioneers is a more than a audioque sdc2.5 so that won't break the bank. Its $160 for one 15" (and that's including shipping)... and it wouldn't take a lot to power. And they would perform fine ina smaller box so in the end about the same price for a better setup... ooo and it can be reconed :D

Depending on what the 12"s are, if they ARE Jensens( hlingy69 never stated what the 12"s were) I'd go with the Pioneers and a better amp. I am a 12" person but to choose between Pioneer and Jensen, I'd take the 10" Pioneers in a heartbeat.

I have 2 TS-W302R (Pioneer's "Wal-mart" 12") running off my T400-4 rear channels bridged together( I think the birthsheet said 276 RMS or something other..) and they are rockin my Ex pretty decently.. No joke, I got roof flex on certain songs with those Pioneers.

I still cant wait on making my new box for my Type Xs tho...

BTW agonz.. Hows your Ex hold up with the ZX2500? Just so I know what Im in for when I get my T2500 up and bangin..

Back