• Register Today It's free!

Questions About Dealer Extras

FischerRA

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
When I ordered my Explorer this week on the A plan the dealer told me they had to add the following charges:
1. fuel charge $74.67 (for a tank fill up)
2. Advertising assessment $661.00
3. destination and delivery $825.00

Dealer claimed that they charge everybody for these fees.

Are these charges normally assessed or is the dealer just trying to make extra on me.

:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took delivery on a X plan Explorer yesterday and was not charged extra for a full tank of gas (which I did receive) and advertising. (These are on my "invoice" - but were not "added to" the x plan price I paid. The destination charge is included on the window sticker (and I assume included in the X plan price - since I was not charged "extra" - in addition to the window sticker amount). Basically - the only "extra" fees I paid over the X plan price were the document fee ($99), plate transfer ($23) and sales tax.

These items are not being charged by the dealer, they are being charged by Ford on your invoice for AZD or X plan. I have a D Plan and my fuel charge is $74.67, advertising $748.00 and Destination charge of $825.00. I am looking at my invoice and DORA as we speak. It is confusing, but correct. They are "built in" to the price of the car and are listed separate on the invoice.

I paid for all three on my x-plan...those are Ford charges/items

I wish Ford would just single line invoice stuff like that... Just add it and don't tell me! :)

Back