• Register Today It's free!

Questions about my lift

bigcoltrick

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer xlt
Hey im having my x lifted (3" BL, 2" TT, AAL, & Warrior shackels) and I just have a couple questions, the guy thats doing my lift said that the sway bar couldn't be put back on its to small does that make sense. Can I go w/o he said because I added a leaf it shouldn't be that bad on the road. Does the aal make up for the sway bar? Also before he cranked up the t bars he said there was like a half inch of thread left and when I got to the shop he said he had them all the way up but he thinks it gave more than 2". How bad will it be if its a little over 2", and no he did not measure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. The sway bar is unaffected by a lift such as yours. Your friend is smoking crack.
2. Your friend is also an idiot for not measuring. If you go too far with your TT, you won't be able to keep a good alignment and your parts will wear unnecessarily fast.

Time to find a new lift guy...

Seams to me that I've seen this post before... :scratch:

...you shouldn't have a problem with the rear, and either way you'll be fine without the rear anti-sway bar as long as you remember that it's a truck and not a sports car. The front is a little more worrisome though as more than 2" will cause premature wear of the cv joints...

...I would just listen/feel for any binding in the front end, and lower it accordingly... :dunno:

hope that helps... :)

Thanks guys, no I don't drive very fast so that shouldn't be a problem and I figure the front should be arount an inch, inch and a half lower than the back so ill just ajust if I need to.

The lift will affect the sway bars but minimally -- the sway bars end up pointing down a bit more which makes them slightly more effective than stock (in other words, "stiffer") because the effective arm running parallel with the frame has been shortened.

Back