Questions after replacing clutch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions after replacing clutch

teveshh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
Hello everyone!

I recently finished my clutch replacement in my 1993 Explorer Sport. Having one pretty big issue. When I start the car, it's normal, but after I'm down the first block or so, the ABS light on the dash comes on. I have taken the vehicle to s safe place and tested the brakes, and the rear wheels lock up. Obviously not good. I also have tested it while the ABS light wasn't on, and the ABS system functioned as it should. I have to get back under the car to plug the speedo cable back in, but what could be causing this? Does it have to do with the speedo cable not being plugged in? I really don't want to wait until I need the brakes in an emergency. I would like to figure that out now instead of later. Anyone know what's up with my car???

Thanks so much in advance!

Tevesh

You can pull codes from the ABS just like you can a check engine light. Do a search to find detailed instructions on how to do this. Also, you can disable the ABS, and while you won't have anti lock braking, you can safely drive. The speedometer has nothing to do with the ABS. Your wheel sensors monitor the speed your wheels turn at for the ABS system.

It's possible that when you removed the drive line that you accidentally unplugged the rear ABS sensor.

Top o-da Diff

Back