• Register Today It's free!

Questions on lowering!!!

00Rngr

Reaction score
City, State
Macon GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Ok im a Ranger, bagging, body dropping trucks guy......new to explorers eventhough i know alot about them....

In dummy terms can someone explain how to lower a 97 xlt 2wd 4 door, Like what exactly is needed, what i must do to get slammed, and also how low can i go and still get it aligned perfect (well i know there is never a perfect alignment when lowering but you know what i mean) without wearing tires factory specs alignment...non bootleg please and without problems (i want it to be a regular lowering job,with out the overly bootlegging and problems afterward....im hoping i can get about a 3-4in drop......im just doing this for the time being (like 2-3 month) until i stockfloor it soo with this said please get to typing....lol.......THANKS......

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow welcome to the site, I think? :rolleyes:

First, the only way to get 3-4" is to flip the torsion keys in the front and put some blocks in the back. This will certainly not give you good alignment, in fact the alignment will be pretty bad and will eat tires. Not really much you can do about this. The ride will also be very harsh.

You can remove your torsion bolts and put blocks in the back for about 2.5". This will be alignable if you get camber adjusters. The ride will be a little stiff but not unbearable.

Other than that, the only way to get it slammed is bags obviously. And if you plan on dragging body, I hope you have deep pockets. :cool:

Good luck.

Hartman- what did you use to lower your X?

I used the second method of removing the torsion bolts.

yeh man preciate the info......nuther ?....how much of a block can be ran in the back with no problems?.......also yeah i got the money for bagging just not sure of i want to spend the time stockflooring it bc it is my only way of automobile.......but yeah baggin is what i do so im ready to do it.......thanks for the info again......
Matt

Back