questions on sas | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

questions on sas

this is what im thinking...fix the transfer case, have no idea what the problem is so i guess let the shop see whats wrong

leave axles as they are put soa in rear probably piece together parts thru this forum, same with front but can somebody tell me everything im going to need for the soa to be complete if im to run 35s,,

get alinged and im going to have to regear to 4:56, still wanna be able to drive freeway but what can u do there 35s umm bunch other crap after tell me what you think .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have 2 choices, first is the super lift rear soa kit, this is the one that comes with 5.5 lift, and can be bought seperately from 4wheel parts, or two, you can buy spring perches from Jegs, or Summit, and weld them yourself. I would think that if welding is not what you are into, then buy the superlift kit, it is bolt on. For gears, I would go 4.10's it will keep your r.p.m's down at highway speed. Also post a wanted post in the forsale forum, you wouldn't believe all the cool parts others have laying around. And just a note on the shifter, some have had a problem with it freezing up from lack of use, sometimes a good cleaning will fix it, have the mecanic check it out before they try to sell you a new one.

sway bar

would anybody recomend disconnecting the rear sway bar.. im going to keep the front on becuase i only offroad some and i want some more flex but i still need to be able to use it for dd

I have not had my rear sway bar on for some time now.
Joe

Originally posted by X-1
As for lift, try to go with skyjacker, better hardware, the class one kit is not very high,

what do you mean but not really high?

are you talking price or lift?

Originally posted by haole10
what do you mean but not really high?

are you talking price or lift?

price

I have not had sway bars on my truck for months now... it's different driving like that on the highway but what the heck!

I installed Skyjacker Stage II 6" in the front and went SOA in the back also completely replacing rear end at the same time (disk brakes and 4:10 factory)

If I was going to do it again I would definatelly go for a SAS - might still do it later on when I have more time.

Don't spend all the money on SAS if you're not gonna wheel your truck. For light off-roading even Skyjacker 2" lift with coil spacers would do (and some 33" tires)

good luck

Back