Questions pls look | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions pls look

4x4explorer1994

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
Shes all done pics / questions

:DHey guys i just installed the 5.5 james duff lift and the front stinkbugs kinda i feel like they sent me a wrong coils but maybe not do any of you know the different lengths between the two.(The 5.5 vs the 3 inch lift).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No im pretty sure im just going to buy f150 coil spacers when I get the money but for now im just going to buy some washers at True value and stick them under there.

Call them and ask them what length they should be?

A pic would help, but if you want to check the thread in my sig it will show you the 2.5" coils. I noticed mine seemed a little lax on height so I just made a spacer out of welded washers to put under the coil.

Like what you did suicide77 just weld up some washers is it a safe alternative does it ride nice and where could i get some f 150 coil seats i cant find any, will post pictures soon.

That doesn't look that bad to me unless it's just the angle of the pic... Looks pretty normal actually.
If you had the wrong coils, you would know it for sure.

I agree, put a few washers under the springs if you want a little more height. Won't hurt anything (within reason anyway... up to another inch lift should be fine).

Will do there are other pictures if you looked at them also but I will do that for sure (washers) :exp:

Will do there are other pictures if you looked at them also but I will do that for sure (washers) :exp:

We can only see the pics you post links to as long as you have your album set to "Private"...

Again, doesn't look like wrong coils, just needs a few washers is all.

Ya after looking at it awhile i realized its fine pretty happy with it accept bleeding the brakes are a pain getting tires soon will post more when i have them put on. Also is there a drop bracket for the sway arm or no?? and will change the album privacy.http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/Summitp/library/ also after i did my lift my check engine light came on and if its sitting there idling it wont come on but after i drive it will come on and stay on till i turn it off. Something to deal with my brakes maybe ?? any answers or thoughts.

Hey man, bleeding brakes does bite, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the engine light. I noticed after my lift (I don't know if this was because it was sitting for 3 weeks or some other reason) my O2 sensor went out. I'm not sure why, but for what ever reason I think I tweaked enough stuff under the frame to allow condensation to build up on it. I burned out 3 in a row before I got an after market one that cured it. Might not be the problem, but speculation, especially after seeing how EXACTLY THE SAME COLOR!!! our rigs are :D Also though, does it appear to come on with more frequency as time goes on or stay on longer? That is exactly what mine did after the lift... and it was the O2 sensor.

Btw, the lift looks awesome! Good job man!

Thanks suicide77 your post helped me greatly while doing my lift. Anyways so i checked my codes using the (paperclip) method and first time i ran 111-111 So i did it again then 167-167 so it means No Throttle Position sensor change in "goose" test (must get at least 25% rotation) - TPS so then after i got 111 again but when i drive for awhile like 4 mins it comes on. forgot to mention my radiator doesn't have a over flow valve it broke off and leaks antifreeze would that me a problem??? I wouldn't think so but seems like everyone on here knows more than I do.
;)http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Summitp/20130312_211634_zps251c8b88.jpg

i checked my codes again while engine off and it gave me a 214
Cylinder Identification Circuit Failure what in the hell is that ?:scratch:

Back