questions! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tom_mcmullen006

Reaction score
City, State
Yelm Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT 4x4
I have an opportunity to buy a c4 and 302 combo for 100 bucks. My questions are this.

Will the 302 bolt to my transmission?
why or why not?
If not will the 302 and c4 bolt in with my transfer case and axles??

They are not going to last long. A local four wheel groups president have them up for sale.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do it! find a tcase laters! $100 c4 and 5.0L prob wont come later!

yea. I am snatching it up! I am going to scrounge around for the np205 transfer case. ive already got an auto locker in the rear, warn locking hubs up front. I do ALOT of towing. Ive pulled jeeps and some straight axles out of some crap with my factory motor and trans. Figured its time for an upgrade especially since my motor has a permanent knock and doesnt like to hold on to oil too long :thumbdwn::censored:

Is the c4 out of a bronco--- if its out of a car the tailshaft might be different and it won't bolt up to a transfer case. Puting either the c4 or the 302 is allot of work and fairly expensive. DOing them both would be a bit easier-- but very expensive.

the engine and tranny are out of an 80's van. It is carbed. and not fuel injected. I know we have to pull out the ecm and wiring harness when we do the swap. What all am i going to have to do?

Back