Quick blower motor question

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
My blower motor on my 91 has been making a lot of noise even when I'm on the lowest setting I know it my be going but could I possibly pull it out and clean the fan to possibly get life back into it

My blower motor on my 91 has been making a lot of noise even when I'm on the lowest setting I know it my be going but could I possibly pull it out and clean the fan to possibly get life back into it
@Flashflood

"Dirty" fans make no more noise than clean ones do. imp

Well, could be some stuff, in there... depends on the noise, fans with bad bearings mostly squeal. It's an easy job to remove the blower, and while you are there, the resistor pack too. But all of this has been well said and photographed on this thread:

How to: Prevent a Fire Hazard!

Anyone new to the forum should probably take a look at that thread, it's a bit hidden now, but it's one of the most important threads here.

Well, could be some stuff, in there... depends on the noise, fans with bad bearings mostly squeal. It's an easy job to remove the blower, and while you are there, the resistor pack too. But all of this has been well said and photographed on this thread:

How to: Prevent a Fire Hazard!

Anyone new to the forum should probably take a look at that thread, it's a bit hidden now, but it's one of the most important threads here.
Lol I just took a look at that thread today thanks for the link

Back