Quick, how to pull Civic out of ditch without damaging the Honda? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick, how to pull Civic out of ditch without damaging the Honda?

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
Okay the Civic (believe a 98) slid off the road in the snow and it's stuck on the side of the road in the median type thing, the rear is the only way we can pull it out. There might be a hook down there underneath the civic bumper but the angle doesn't allow us to connect to it very well and I don't want to walk through the mud and snow to go look. Plus I'm worried that hook will break. You guys know a lot more about pulling people out than I do so any tips?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There should be a loop on the opposite side of the exhaust. Attach to this point to pull it out (it is what a tow truck would do).

Yup should be a little steel hook point on the front and rear.

alright thanks

Most honda's that I've delt with have a loop on the rear in the center... It should hold as long as you're not trying to jerk the car out....

Those Civics and Corollas are so light that if you have to use more than a little bit of throttle, stop and call a professional. I've pulled a Cavelier out of the ditch around 1000 rpm, a Carolla out of a soft field at 1500 rpm, and a Civic from slick mud at idle. I'm sure that the hook will be fine unless you have to jerk on the vehicle. Any hard pulls or jerking will most definitely cause damage.

I have a temporary new motto

"never be too proud to call a tow truck"

A $25 service call is a heck of a lot cheaper than the damage you can do if you don't know what you're doing.

got her out just fine, as soon as the strap felt tension the car moved, the Civic coupe must be really light. Anyway, she scratched the front bumper a little but other than that the car is fine. Thanks for your help,

She must of been goodlooking if you came home posted on the board and drove out there to pull her out. Did ya get her number? I find thats a good way to meet girls. :D J/K Anway glad every thing went alright.

Back