• Register Today It's free!

Quick leaf spring lift?

jsfordboy02

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
I have a '97 Explorer Sport with mono-leafs in the back, they are getting a little worn out. Any suggestions for a quick, cheap lift for an inch or two? It sags so bad with even a little bit of weight in the back? I know add-a-leafs or lift shackles, but I have access to full leaf spring packs didnt know if just swapping the whole thing out would be best or adding some leafs from a factory set, ect......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not believe you can put AAL on the mono leaf. Being that you want it to hold more weight without sagging the shackles wont help in stiffening it up,they will just lift it. You could swap a 4 door leaf pack in, you could also put an AAL and/or shackles on the 4 door pack if you wanted more lift

I would try this.

Those will carry only part of the weight - leafs will still be there. I don't know how is on Sport, on my AWD 4dr, the shocks mounting places look beefy.

So is it safe to say that 4dr packs with lift the sport a little, and will deff. handle loads better...?

I have not done it personally, but yes, everyone i have inquired to about doing this said that it stiffened up the ride. If you think your 4 door packs are worn out you could put an AAL in before installing it.

As for lifting It wont necessarily lift the explorer but rather return it to a stock, non sagging height most likely

I have not done it personally, but yes, everyone i have inquired to about doing this said that it stiffened up the ride. If you think your 4 door packs are worn out you could put an AAL in before installing it.

As for lifting It wont necessarily lift the explorer but rather return it to a stock, non sagging height most likely

yes, thank you, thats what I meant.

Back