Quick Question about rattling noise - Need HELP! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Quick Question about rattling noise - Need HELP!

njkev7

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Quick Question about rattling noise - Need HELP!

I just want to verify the rattling noise that I’m hearing. It starts at 2000 rpm’s and stops when idle goes below 2000 rpm’s. I searched around this and different forums and found that it’s a tensioner and can be resolved with the upper manifold gasket kit YL2Z-9E473-AA that contains the following “the tensioner, the intake gaskets, the oil check valve ,brass plug and gasket. Is this correct?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

<

<

njkev7

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Does anyone know if evreything that I need to fix the rattling noise at 2000 rpm's is in this kit "YL2Z-9E473-AA"?

<

<

njkev7

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
picked up YL2Z-9E473-AA

I just picked up the kit YL2Z-9E473-AA. I didn't see the brass pug or metal ring that comes in a a plastic bag as show in another forums pics. If I don't install these 2 pieces would it make a difference?

<