quick question for photoshop users | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

quick question for photoshop users

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
guys, im still new to photoshop, and i was wondering how to change the settings in it to make another program my default viewing program, instead of photoshop? i wanna make the picture and fax viewer built into XP my default.

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

akcrogers

Reaction score
City, State
Fairbanks, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer 4WD 4DR XL
Don't know XP too well, but if its like 2000, you should be able to open any folder on your machine and go to the 'tools' menu. Select 'Folder Options'. One of the tabs at the top should say 'File Types', choose it. Scroll down to whatever filetypes you want to change (jpg, gif, bmp, whatever) and click once on it. Now, below the scroll menu there should be some text that says 'open with:...' and a button that says 'change'. Click Change, and then select the program you want to use. This works in win2k, but I have no idea about XP. Hope this helps.

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
Originally posted by akcrogers
Don't know XP too well, but if its like 2000, you should be able to open any folder on your machine and go to the 'tools' menu. Select 'Folder Options'. One of the tabs at the top should say 'File Types', choose it. Scroll down to whatever filetypes you want to change (jpg, gif, bmp, whatever) and click once on it. Now, below the scroll menu there should be some text that says 'open with:...' and a button that says 'change'. Click Change, and then select the program you want to use. This works in win2k, but I have no idea about XP. Hope this helps.

yeah, thats manually changing the file associations, which ive done before, and should be the same in XP as it is in other versions of windows, but i was wondering if there was a simple way to do it from inside photoshop.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
nah.. they want you to use photoshop to open everything.. so they aren't gonna make it easy.
the file association method mentioned by ackrogers is easy and quick and you know it works!

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
Originally posted by jasonb
nah.. they want you to use photoshop to open everything.. so they aren't gonna make it easy.
the file association method mentioned by ackrogers is easy and quick and you know it works!

yeah, after a couple of days, i went ahead and did it manually; pain in the ass ;)