Quick question on camber adjusters... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick question on camber adjusters...

oplitic

Reaction score
City, State
Deering, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mounty
Is there a thread around for how to isntall them? I ordered them and jsut now am getting to do them. A step by step would be helpfull, if not I can get it by trial and error I'm sure. I searched 'how to install camber adjusters' and things similiar but I can only find threads on peoiple talking ABOUT how there is a thread.. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good point, there should be one--
I installed the explorer express shims, way back before I even knew this site existed. They came with instructions, and alignment spec's

Once you remove the upper control arm bolts--I think you'll see what needs to happen.
Good luck--

Also, (just a hint)
usually, good writeups are rewarded with elite member privileges--:thumbsup:

Get out that camera!!

i just paid a shop for an alignment after putting them on, they just charged the $30 they ussaly do.

but thats the shop i take to do all my tires and alignments and stuff plus they rotate my tires for free :thumbsup: . and they give me steaks and send me christmas cards :D .

i just paid a shop for an alignment after putting them on, they just charged the $30 they ussaly do.

but thats the shop i take to do all my tires and alignments and stuff plus they rotate my tires for free :thumbsup: . and they give me steaks and send me christmas cards :D .

Good point--

The alignment tech will need to loosen them to align the camber--might as well let them install them also-

The steaks are a great bonus--Omaha steaks by chance? mmmmm

Good point--

The alignment tech will need to loosen them to align the camber--might as well let them install them also-

The steaks are a great bonus--Omaha steaks by chance? mmmmm

yup they told me they would have installed them for like $10 a side

Yeah omaha steaks :D thats my favorite part about NE theres plenty of really really good fresh meat around here.
my uncle cattle farms in kansass and makes us the best prime rib ever around the holidays

Alright, putting them in were so easy. I actually kinda feel stupid about asking the question in the first place. lol. I can write up a quick tut, but I don't know where I would put it on here. :-/

Back