Quick Question Regarding Class III Trailer Tow Package | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick Question Regarding Class III Trailer Tow Package

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Hi All,

Ordered a 2013 EXP LTD...see my post in the "Ordered Threads".

Quick question to those with the Trailer Tow Package, does it come with a "bumper cover" that goes over the hitch harness to hide it when I do not have a draw bar inserted?

Could someone kindly snap a with and without picture of this? It would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All,

Ordered a 2013 EXP LTD...see my post in the "Ordered Threads".

Quick question to those with the Trailer Tow Package, does it come with a "bumper cover" that goes over the hitch harness to hide it when I do not have a draw bar inserted?

Could someone kindly snap a with and without picture of this? It would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Matt
Hi Matt. Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
I believe that the cover is in place when you get the vehicle and you just take it off when needed. I think there is a picture of an Ex with that setup. I'll see if I can find it.
There are a few posts that discuss this. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353473&highlight=trailer+hitch+cover is one of them but unfortunately the pictures have been taken down. I did a search on posts for trailer hitch cover

Peter

Peter,

Thanks kindly for the reply. Much appreciated.

Cheers!
Matt

Ron, Thanks for sharing your photos! I wasn't too interested in the trailer hitch pics, but your photos sure do make me want to get my new ride!! I'm waiting on a XLT, Platinum white, tan leather, moonroof--basically your "Storm Trooper's" kid sister. Thanks for satisfying my anxiousness with the the beautiful photos of your ride!

.....but unfortunately the pictures have been taken down.

my apologies, I was doing some clean up and did not realize I moved the pics. I think I have them restored.

Thanks so much for the photos.
Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Matt

It actually is a pretty cool set up....

Back