• Register Today It's free!

Quick Question

raiderx72

Reaction score
City, State
RockyHill,Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
This summer i plan on use my X to tow 2 dirtbikes a fairly long distance.. i was wondering how much more of a strain is gonna be put on the tranny.. i have 32s and 3.27 gears?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 32's alone with 3.27s are a lot of strain. I wouldnt try towing with that. If you really have to, I wouldnt for very long.

agreed... towing 2 bikes on a trailer with 32s and 3.27 gears is not a good idea.....

If its the A4LD, I definately would not even try it. Those things burn up too easy anyway. It would be rough on anything, like these guys said above

What about pulling my 400lb sport bike on a uhaul with my tires? (look at sig)

I've done it before and I'm going to to have to do it again in 2 weeks for over 400 miles....Is it bad?

How do I know what my gears are?

Do I need to put the overdrove off?

Do you have an explorer? U-haul won't rent to you. You might find a small place that will, but a regular dealer won't. Other brands are fine.

Tires are not the biggest issue with raider. Look at his tire/gear combo. Not good.

Check the door tag for the axle code. Then post what it says here. Someone will tell you the code. My 01 has a 4.10 trac-lock and stock is 255/70/R16s.

I wouldn't tow anything in overdrive, but maybe thats just me.

yea i figured it would be a problem.. i knew the gears were always gonna be a problem with the tires, but i figured since i dont use the 32s in the winter it gets a little break lol. whats the best way to change the gears.. just find an X in the yard and just swap'em or buy new gears and so forth?

Back