• Register Today It's free!

Quick question

Chitty024

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha,NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer
I have a 93 4-door X. I am looking around on here for cheap ways to lift. Some of the posts I am seeing ways that seem too good to be true or I m misunderstanding. Here is my plan please tell me what I'm missing.

Front - f150 seats, 4" lift coils, tt

Rear - SOA , War 153

3" BL

The rear is at a bad sag so I'm thinking even with SOA it shouldn't be higher than the front. I may add a aal also.

The part I'm confused about is the front. I read about the f150 seats and lift springs somewhere and it seemed too simple. If I add the lift springs would'nt I need all the drop brackets? If so can I just buy the front half of the lifts? What year Ranger lifts will work on my X? I found some that are really cheap.

I've tried searching for the past several weeks but everything is too spread out and hard to make sense of. I'm trying not to spend over a thousand dollars just for 5.5 inches of lift. I paid 1000 for 12 inches on a old chevy before. Is this price just because of the front crap or what? Please help straighten me out here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i feel a lot better so many people have viewed and no replys obviously im not the only one lost.

I could easily be out to lunch but, if by "tt" you mean torsion twist or crank up your torsion bars, someone correct me but I don't think your 93 has torsion bars, it's a twin i beam suspension

just realized that myself thanks lol. Still I am wondering if i need all the bracketry if i get the seats and lift coils.

yes you will need the drop brackets for the front, for anything over 2 inches of lift.

do you know if its possible to buy just the brackets? Could I just make them? Isn't there only like 4 of them?

Back