Quick response please!! M1-210 users | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick response please!! M1-210 users

vig1116

Reaction score
City, State
monmouth, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 sport
sorry for the rush guys but im in the middle of changing the oil (first time im doing it myself.) I'm using the mobil 1 m1-210 filter and it is larger capacity then the motorcraft one. When i tighten it on the outer part hits a bar or bracket of some kind on one side, so it is rubbing on it. It seems to have tightened all the way (i think) but does this happen to everyone and is it ok??? it's a 2011 explorer limited... THANK YOU!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think they gave me the wrong filter.....

Yea every filter for any car, as far as I know, is the same size no matter what brand. I think they did give you the wrong one..

Only exception to that I've ever seen was my audi a4.. Mobil 1 went up in side on the filter after the famous Audi Oil Sludge issues with the 1.8T motors..

I went on to mobilone.com and did a lookup for the 3.5 motor. Mobil 1 says it is the:

Current Vehicle:
Year: 2011
Make: Ford
Model: Explorer
Engine Type: 6cyl. 3.5Liter Duratec Naturally Aspirated

Filter matches for the vehicle you selected:

Mobil 1 Model M1212

So yes.. wrong filter, should be using the M1-212, not the M1-202.

Why not just stick with a MotorCraft....I think that's what Ford recomends.

Why not just stick with a MotorCraft....I think that's what Ford recomends.

IDK, i like mobil 1 oil and their filters.

Thanks to all of you!! I definitely had the wrong filter (obviously), so after cleaning the little bit of old oil i got in it i brought it back to auto zone. Their computer said i needed the m1-107 but i went with the m1-212 because it is longer and was recomended from mobil 1 website....

I have no idea where i got the m1-210 size from, but IT DEFINITELY WASN'T MY ERROR!! ;) lol

Thank you again everyone!!

Why not just stick with a MotorCraft....I think that's what Ford recommends.

Ford will always recommend their brand... doesn't mean it is the best.

I have spent a lot of time researching this over the years.. reading reviews, internal comparisons, lab tests for filtration size/quality.. nothing beats Mobil 1 oil filters.

Your oil is only as good as your filter!!

I rather go longer on oil changes with Mobil 1 filter then more frequent on others..

Ps- Fram is by far the worst quality.

Ford will always recommend their brand... doesn't mean it is the best.

I have spent a lot of time researching this over the years.. reading reviews, internal comparisons, lab tests for filtration size/quality.. nothing beats Mobil 1 oil filters.

Your oil is only as good as your filter!!

I rather go longer on oil changes with Mobil 1 filter then more frequent on others..

Ps- Fram is by far the worst quality.

if you need engine warranty work, yes it means alot.

hell i seen my fair share of 3v 4.6 that vct's are like hammers from ****ty oil filters.

Back