• Register Today It's free!

Quick spark plug ??

mes882

Reaction score
City, State
iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 mountaineer prem
I know lots of plug question in here. I could not find this anywhere so please don't kill me. :D

I have 07 mountaineer with the 4.6l. I went to order plugs, 9/16 spark plug socket, anti size, and lisle 65600. The place I was going to order from says use motor craft sp 515 Auto zone web site says sp 514 and fords web site say pzh1f.

I guess my question which motor craft plug sp515 or 514??

My local parts store only carries a plug made by e3. Are these any good? I have never heard of them ..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They only carry E3's? Wow... Those are one of those new-fangled snake oil type of plugs. Some like them, but they have a very very small following.

HERE is what you would be looking for...

Using nickel anti seize as illustrated in these bulletins "may" save you grief and money next time. GL

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=142690

http://www.autolite.com/sites/default/a/uploads/en/autolite_ht_bulletin_0.pdf

Permatex77134.jpg

I know lots of plug question in here. I could not find this anywhere so please don't kill me. :D

I have 07 mountaineer with the 4.6l. I went to order plugs, 9/16 spark plug socket, anti size, and lisle 65600. The place I was going to order from says use motor craft sp 515 Auto zone web site says sp 514 and fords web site say pzh1f.

I guess my question which motor craft plug sp515 or 514??

My local parts store only carries a plug made by e3. Are these any good? I have never heard of them ..

I used SP514 that was listed on rockauto.com. They're quite a bit cheaper usually too.

Got every thing ordered went with the sp514, lisle 65600, otc spark plug socket, and 17oz nickel anti seize. It cost me 188.14 shipped Which I don't think that's to bad. Now I just need some penetrating oil, some luck and warm weather. Thought about using marvel mystery oil or kano kroil. Has any tried them for this?? Thanks

Back