• Register Today It's free!

Quiet exhaust advice.

cyrix9445

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer XLT
I need some advise an exhaust solution for my 1993 XLT 4-door.

The current OE exhaust has many holes/leaks, (I think mostly in the cat and muffler, haven't checked the flanges).

I want the exhausts to be as quiet and odor free as possible. Most aftermarket kits I found are still geared for performance and sound, or only cat-backs.

Should I just go to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a new cat and build an exhaust for me? or does anyone have a kit recommendation?

I'm not sure why you want as quiet an exhaust as possible. Cats are not cheap at all, but if you want a quieter exhaust you'll have to replace it. As with anything doing it all yourself will be cheaper.

You know the quietest car is one that is never turned on. haha.

all my trucks have always been loud. One of my friends dads asked me one time why I always had loud exhaust I said it sounded good and them asked him why he had quiet exhaust and he told me it was so he could sneak up on people. Needless to say I never spoke to that man again and felt as if I should have warned all the women and children around to look out for his truck like he was a stalker or kidnapper or something

Back