• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Quit your job and start doing what you love!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
We live in a unique time right now, where you can have just about any job you want. Pretty much everyone is hiring, or looking for someone. So I encourage everyone to at least take a look out there, reach out, you never know and reach for the stars. Make your life happy.

After almost 9 years of the same place, I decided to follow my passion and do something about it. It worked, my last day is Friday, and my new big adventure starts in a few weeks. I am to the moon excited about the opportunity, and I'll share more once I actually start...

But I'll throw out some teasers...

@Rick let's do lunch at SEMA😉
@Brian1 let's do lunch at KOH.😎

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sounds cool already. Congrats Steve:chug:

awaympar

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
We live in a unique time right now, where you can have just about any job you want. Pretty much everyone is hiring, or looking for someone. So I encourage everyone to at least take a look out there, reach out, you never know and reach for the stars. Make your life happy.

After almost 9 years of the same place, I decided to follow my passion and do something about it. It worked, my last day is Friday, and my new big adventure starts in a few weeks. I am to the moon excited about the opportunity, and I'll share more once I actually start...

But I'll throw out some teasers...

@Rick let's do lunch at SEMA😉
@Brian1 let's do lunch at KOH.😎

Good for you. I've been wanting to quit my job for years but unfortunately, my wife and I are still paying for a loan.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Good for you. I've been wanting to quit my job for years but unfortunately, my wife and I are still paying for a loan.

I have plenty of loans I'm paying on. It's not a easy move, but you just have to make it happen, for a better life and less stress.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Done and DONE! Best move I ever made moving everyone north to Idaho!!!!!!!!!!!
OFF GRID OFF ROAD building machines full time is the goal!
I work harder now then I ever did for "the man"
GO!!

Cant wait to hear about what moves you are making

awaympar

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
I have plenty of loans I'm paying on. It's not a easy move, but you just have to make it happen, for a better life and less stress.

Hopefully, we can do it soon while we are still young. Thanks for the inspiration, man.

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
I quit my job to be my own boss. I'm happy and the income is 10x better now.

RickOTR

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 4X4
Nothing like being your own boss though it comes with it's fare share of problems. Been a business owner for 20 years now, best decision I ever made.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
So first couple of days at the new job in the books. Loving it so far.

I'm currently in training to become a shock guru here at Shock Surplus

Already talking about doing a build series on my Ranger, comparing different shocks. And got invited to a trail ride event on day 1.

I'll work on getting becoming a vendor here and a discount code for forum members.

Also plan to be helpful in answering questions about suspension as I become more knowledgeable.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
DANG! They carry some nice shocks :) Good to see King and Skyjacker on the list
Glad you like it!!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sounds like it's right up your alley Steve. Enjoy!

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
Nothing like being your own boss though it comes with it's fare share of problems. Been a business owner for 20 years now, best decision I ever made.
I have been a business owner for 28 years now. You are right. Self employment comes with a price. That said, I doubt I could work for anyone at this point. If I did I would act like I owned the place and would likely end up being fired. My father was self employed and pushed me to do the same. He told me what he said to the last boss he had in his life. When he resigned the owner knew he was starting his own business and offered him more money and perks to stay. My father told him "Thanks, but I would rather be the head of a fly than the asshole of an elephant." He raised a family of five kids being the head of his "fly." The time he was able to spend with me and my siblings due to being self employed was priceless to us.

Jessejp05

Reaction score
City, State
Plant city Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
I just did this last December. Best decision I ever made. Went from working 80-90 hours 6-7 days a week to 25-30 hours 5 days a week making more money.

Gives me more time to spend with family and friends, traveling and spending quality time with my projects. Haha.