R/P for 36's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

R/P for 36's

Puttin 36" or somewhere around there on the explorer, thinkin about running some Interco, just don't know if I want to go Bogger or TSL's, but what kind of R/P would I need for these tires, something like, 5.13, oh by the way got Ford 9" and Dana 44.:D

rockcrawling or dd? id put either a 4.56-4.88 for a dd or that 5.13 for that crawler

My buddy just put 36's on his 91 cherokee with 5.13's and said it goes 70mph without a problem.
We were wheeling down a dirt road and the two of us were stopped side by side. For some reason we both punched it and took off and stayed side by side for the whole time up to about 30 mph so I'd say with a big heavy tire like that it never hurts to go low as hell with the gears.

His Cherokee, still had the stock engine, a V-6, and it went 70mph down the highway at what RPM? Ya mine is just about even on the dd/crawler scale. Don't know if the 4.88 will be enough with the stock BW1350 for what I want to go over. :D

By the way, any suggestions on which Interco to go with, mainly be crawlin in the rocks and occasionally the big mud hole!!!:D

Back