ParkerRocker

Reaction score
City, State
Hayden, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer Sport
My RABS isn't working.
I have a few questions.
I pulled the sensor and cleaned it, had no effect (did not OHM test it tho). Replaced the fuse, still nothing. I found this article:
http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl166g.htm
But i do not understand what they are talking about, where is this wire located to manually retrieve the RABS code?

Finally, i have been driving with the fuse pulled because from time to time i would hit the brake and they would not engage, it took a second tap to engage them.

It has never happened with the RABS fuse removed.
Any ideas? I really have no idea about how this system works, or where all the components are. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi there, iv been trying to locate this myself, its such a small lonley connector i cant find it, it lives somewhere behinde the dash clocks down to the feet area, my handbook isnt much help except a wiring loom that i dont understand where it connects to. to have a RABS code the ABS light should be on and the engine left running to retreave it, if not you loose the code.

I have been trying to find this connector also, my Chilton manual shows it somewhere near the power distribution box, and it is supposed to be orange and black, but I can not find anything in the engine compartment that looks like this, does anyone know exactly where it is located on a '91?

Thanks

There is a single orange and black wire right were the harness passes through the firewall above your feet inside not in the engine compartment,this could be it.the wire comes out of the main harness and has a black connector on the end

Great, thanks for the info, I will check that when I get home this evening.

I found a black wire with a orange stripe where you mentioned, but it didn't do anything when it was grounded, the link in the first post here mentions it is in the steering column near the ignition switch, I may try looking up there tomorrow if I don't find out anything else first.

Back