Race truck to 1 ton crawler explorer build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Race truck to 1 ton crawler explorer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out Registry, full details:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384732

As always plans change for me and I decided that I want to build a more hardcore trail rig then any other I have had yet, but try to keep cost not terrible LOL. So gunna use my tuff truck chassis explorer sport. I wanted something to start with that body panels dont matter so this will be perfect and it has been allready extremly simplified I only want just basic things needed to run and monitor.

Current 4.0 5spd
thinking about a C4/C5 build
1 tons
39.5 Iroks?
Build will be kinda slow compared to my other rigs due to time and funds.

Here is the front axle, 79 Ford Dana 60, my buddy has had it sittn for a few years and I talked him out of it. Today I cut off the stock brackets, and loosely mocked up my weld on wedges and radius arms.

006-30.jpg

007-33.jpg

008-31.jpg

009-26.jpg

010-27.jpg

011-28.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Taking up space in the garage, just trying to get it so I can roll it out and finish some other stuff that is more a priority

Dont make fun of the cage was made using up left over stuff, its not the prettiest but will do the job.
005-31.jpg

004-32.jpg

Totally thought that broom was a weird part of the cage lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Totally thought that broom was a weird part of the cage lol

Haha same here

Trucks lookin sexy man! Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks, It's a redneck left over part build but will be fun, I cut out sheet metal from a 94 Ranger Hood today and made a roof panel to block the sun. I changed out cut and clamped extend stock style fuel line, to my 1 peice custom line so the connections are good and shouldn't be able to blow apart. I added D ring taps to the front today, I'm figuring out a way to mount my Hi lift jack and a spare tire, hub/lockout to rear.

I have the 4.56 rear all done, other than topping off fluid and bleeding brakes.

Next weekend Saturday it will be out playing on the trails all day. Hopefully.

Few updated photos, rear installed.
016-24_zps3bf01e1e.jpg

Roof from old ranger hood. LOL
014-28_zps66cc3219.jpg

Working on swapping front ttb with 4.56s, Aussie, Spicer 5-760xx u joints with full circlips.
013-32_zpsf9552562.jpg

As always stuff seems to take forever, we did get passenger side seat 5 point harness installed last night, I got the front carrier modded to drain oil from bottom bolt, installed Aussie locker

Tonight goal, get 3rd member mounted,
Hopefully real good start on rebuilding axle shafts with full circlips.

We have some really wet weather here so trip to small offroad park this weekend is likely canceled, but some local wheeling on farm should be fine.

Tried out all the new goodies this weekend on the farm. It's alot of fun!!

001-39_zps7f523449.jpg

004-35_zps23edfca6.jpg

006-34_zps2ad778a1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back