Racing an Explorer in the SCORE-BAJA 2000 Off-Road Race?!?! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Racing an Explorer in the SCORE-BAJA 2000 Off-Road Race?!?!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick:
Here is the link for SCORE's website: www.score-international.com/

They have a link to a page where you can buy their rule book for $15.00.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Rick,
I know I did post their web site with my original post, so I went back to it, to make sure it is there, had to read over it twice, it is not highlited like yours.
....also phone# 818)225-8402 and talk to SUE.

------------------
93xlt,4.0,5Speed,2.5 lift,4.10gears, headers,catback,31M/T BFG,K&N..........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dignan:
I would love to do that with my explorer, but I don't think I would room for all the stickers from the amount of sponsors I would need to be able to afford it. Dead Link Removed

If someone else could afford it I would love to help with the race and the preparation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dignan, I say go with the big guys (sponsers)- so you don`t have to worry about space available on your Explorer.

P.S. Explorer4x4.com RACING TEAM will be one of the stickers we will use.
thanks "E"

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrianWooton:
for the Baja what are the requirements for the vehicle 2wd or 4wd? I'm looking to make my truck into a baja runner, but i'm working with the $$$$ flow. I'm gonna talk to FAbtech on some stuff for my truck. The double shock mount for the front and rear. I have a 2wd.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Brian, Fabtech knows their stuff. We have a member with a pre runner set up. Look up my post about the Baja trip you responded to,
you will find his post there, pic his brain.
....Most of the cars and trucks run in 2 wheel drive.
Although there has been a trend lately to incorporate new 4 and all-wheeldrive technologies, which are now available in todays SUV`s.

------------------

I think I posted once on this already, but I still think its a great idea. It would cost a fortune to do it right unless you get some good sponsorship. If you are thinking of doing it I'd have someone talk to Vanir technologies and see if they would sponsor you and provide an engine, you could also contact Perry's Fab & Fiber for the body. I also know that if you make an Explorer you should have a custom made tube frame chassis with a built in roll cage. You couldn't practically use a modified stock Explorer, the suspension would snap in an instant. Just about the whole car would be custom. I could talk for ever on this subject but I won't bore you. I do have a backround with dirt racing so if you need any help feel free to contact me.

------------------
Jim Ferrarini
96 Sport 5-speed
Borla headers and cat-back exhaust
modified airbox
K&N filter
+4 plugs
8.5mm wires
other small mods.

Sorry, I didn't really take time to read through all of the posts. I never knew there was a near stock class. Just how far from stock can you go? My question is most likely answered within this topic but I really don't have a huge amount of time to go through all of the posts.

------------------
Jim Ferrarini
Skaman0182@yahoo.com
96 Sport 5-speed
Borla headers and cat-back exhaust
modified airbox
K&N filter
+4 plugs
8.5mm wires
other small mods.

Punk child,
no sir this is your first response.
Again we are talking a near stock class,
you can add strengh to parts where needed and there is enough modification allowed to make it durable and go the distance.

later, "E"

I've always thought pre-runners were pretty sweet, and if you check out this URL, you can see a picture of an actual explorer prerunner racing http://www.matnchad.com/trucksnstuff/index.htm

So I'm hearing mixed things about the requirements...one person is saying near stock, and others are saying 33s..? which one is it..? All I know is that if you want to run a 4WD Explorer prerunner with 33s, you'd probably need to do a custom lift kit similar to the Zimmermans... I'm betting that if you were to drive the speeds the prerunners do you'd bend any drop down bracket lift.
It's cool people are interested in this, I wouldn't mind driving my truck down to Cali in a year or two to take a stab at a prerunner race. I'm trying to build a "Mudrunner", Picture if you will a 4WD prerunner explorer capable of a nice street drive, high speed racing, and the ability to drive through water as high as the hood.
Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
Me too. Check out my web page.
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

hell yea, you got my vote. i'd race my explorer if it was possible. I got the suspension, the articulation, the whole prerunner set up, and the balls to do it. The problem i've thought i would run into is the support for it. This **** cant be done solo, you need a good crew, and money. But if I ever got the oppotunity to race, I would be there. to answer the question about the roll cage, i'm having one designed and installed within the month, i'll throw some pictures up when it is done.

------------------
94 explorer 4x4 (pre-runner)v-6

hehe....mike, i'm thinkin you might need some 4 or 6 point straps for the seats to go along with the roll cage =p Help ya stay in the seats while upside down..hehe..just playin...I'm interested to see the pics of the setup.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
Flowmaster 2 chamber 2.25"
KKM intake
Clears all the way around
4.11 gears w/Auburn posi

well, brian i was thinking of new seats and five point harness straps. the thing is i already rolled it, which you probably already seen. although the seats i have and seat belts work fine for right now. That and i dont want to get rid of my leather power seats, because its also a daily driver and if you have ever tried to get in and out of those seats everyday its a pain.

------------------
94 explorer 4x4 (pre-runner)v-6

I have seen it. It's been in a few catalogs and stuff. I don't know anything about it though.

I think I have seen the truck in a lot of Bilstein Shock adds. It would be interesting to fid out more about the truck and the team.

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV 4x4

Originally posted by NoBoundaries
I don't know if it was mentioned or if anyone has seen this truck, but I figured I would put it up for some inspiration: http://www.suv.com/Explorer/expohv.htm

I have a set of these exact bedsides for sale if anyone is interseted. $500. plus shipping.

You have the sides like on John Swifts Explorer or perry's sides and door skins?

You know that the last post was over a year ago right? the first post was like 4 years ago. I'd be doubtful about getting a response from many of the guys that posted here as they no longer post on the forum.

yeah, but I figured it was worth a shot. I have the perry's rear glass in my garage, but since this veh will be a desert truck only, I'd rather have the swift style glass.

Just making sure you know :) . Some newbies post here without looking at the date on the last post. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk.

Back